The Dutch Bed & Breakfast foundation has drawn up a list of the country’s top B&Bs. The list is headed by the Tala Lodge in Ravenswoud in Friesland – thanks to its ‘outside spa’ and its ‘large private suites’.
We think that sounds more like a hotel than a humble B&B and at €150 a night for a minimum of two nights, it costs as much as a hotel as well.
The one on the list we are not so sure about is Hotel California in Wichmond. But then, perhaps it is so fab we will never want to leave.
- Tala Lodge in Ravenswoud
- Life is Good in Heeswijk-Dinther
- Carpe Diem in Oirschot
- The Black Horse B&B & More in Ureterp
- De Paasloërhof in Paasloo
- Rietveld Cottage in Hazerswoude-Dorp
- Bed in de Betuwe in Hemmen
- De Boksloot in Ravenswoud
- Tulpen & Zo in Julianadorp
- Hotel California in Wichmond
- De Tuinkamer in ‘s-Gravenzande
- Lots4U in Culemborg
- B&B Passage in Driebergen
- Motorschip Elisabeth in Leeuwarden
- De Vlinder in Nijmegen
These are more boutique places than what an ordinary person would expect from a b&b.